Fresh Dental Care
General and Cosmetic Dentistry located in Houston, TX
When your teeth aren’t straight, it can hurt your confidence and cause problems for your dental health in the long run. The team at Fresh Dental Care, with three locations in the Houston area, offers high-quality orthodontic care for every member of the family. Whether you or your child has an overbite, underbite, or overcrowding, they offer simple, effective treatments to restore and protect your smile. For your orthodontic consultation, call or schedule an appointment online.
Orthodontics Q & A
What is orthodontics?
Orthodontics a type of dental work that’s focused on fixing teeth that are not straight or fixing problems with the jaw.
Your top set of teeth are attached directly to your skull, while your lower set of teeth are attached to your jaw bone. When the top set and the bottom set of teeth do not line up well, it could cause problems, such as:
- Tooth decay and cavities
- Uneven wear on teeth
- Increased chance of gum disease
- Poor oral hygiene
- Jaw problems, like temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ)
It’s not unusual to have teeth that are not aligned properly, and not all misaligned teeth need to be fixed. Your dentist at Fresh Dental Care may suggest you fix the alignment of your teeth if you have jaw pain, damage to your teeth, or your crooked teeth cause you embarrassment.
What are some ways teeth can be misaligned?
There are several ways that teeth may not be lined up properly, or be misaligned. These include:
- Overbite: when the top teeth sit further forward than the bottom teeth
- Underbite: when the bottom teeth sit further forward than the top teeth
- Crossbite: when the bottom teeth sit to the side of the top teeth
- Open bite: when the top teeth do not overlap the lower teeth
- Overcrowded teeth: when the teeth spaced too closely and overlap with each other
- Spaced out teeth: when the teeth are spaced too far apart, leaving gaps between teeth
- Crooked teeth: when a single tooth is crooked
You may have one or a combination of more than one of these problems. Orthodontic work can correct these problems, fix your bite, and improve your smile.
How are misaligned teeth corrected?
The team at Fresh Dental Care can correct your bite and restore your smile by using orthodontic treatments, including:
- Braces: hardware attached to the teeth, for both children and adults
- Removable device: such as a retainer or headgear
- Invisalign®: a clear, removable device
Each of these methods applies pressure the teeth, slowly moving them over a specific period of time. Your dentist helps you decide which method is the best way to fix the exact problem you may have.
If you have misaligned or crooked teeth, call Fresh Dental Care or request an appointment online.
Fresh Dental is located in Houston, TX, and serves the greater Cypress, Katy, Humble, and Porter areas.